The popularity of the Instagram app is indisputable with Apple Inc awarding it the app of the year for 2011. When it was finally made available for Android users earlier in April this year, over one million downloads were recorded in the first 12 hours alone.
Now, imagine what it would be like if there was a real Instagram camera. Wonder no more as these pictures will show you.
The Instagram Socialmatic Camera boost a 16 GB mass storage, touchscreen, optical zoom, two main lens and even an internal printer to process your Instagram photos instantly! Sort of like the ol’ favourite, Polaroid.
But before you get your hopes up too high, the Instagram camera is merely a concept design by ADR Studio.
It’s a run of the imagination to see this in real life but you’ve got to admit, this is a pretty interesting idea, one that many would not mind buying. Here’s the full concept idea:
- 16 GB mass storage
- Wifi and Bluetooth
- 4:3 touchscreen
- 2 main lens; first for main capture, second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR Code capturing
- Optical zoom
- LED flash
- Internal printer to make your Instagram photos real
- Paper cartridge with Instagram Paper Sheets
- Dedicated four colours ink tanks
- InstaOs 1.0, which put together Facebook and Instagram App feature
Wouldn’t it be really nice if someone actually comes up with a real version of the Instagram?
[UPDATE 10/1/2014] Polaroid is making our dreams come true – ‘Socialmatic’ Instagram camera to be launched somewhere in 2014! Details here.