Ah, a bowl of crisp and fresh salad! When using your favourite vegetables and dressing, there really is nothing much to complain about this is simple and healthy dish.
Though I am guilty of one thing; buying ready-to-serve dressings from the grocery store. Yes, they’re immensely convenient and some do taste pretty good, but I always had a weak spot for eateries that serve me a salad with their own dressing (albeit sometimes overcharging me). Don’t you agree?
Here are some simple salad dressing recipes for all you salad lovers (including me) to try and test on. Who knows, you may be inspired to start your own salad joint soon!
Basic Vinaigrette Recipe
This dressing goes well with most greens. Before you go on making this, remember to always stir any seasonings into the vinegar first before combining it with the oil. This is because certain ingredients, like salt, will not blend into your vinaigrette after mixing them.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 6 tablespoons oil
What To Do:
- In a bowl, mix together salt and pepper into the vinegar.
- Whisk in oil. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve
Recipe Source: Easy French Food
This dressing is great with any tossed salad, but it is suggested to pair it with mixed baby greens. Top it up with crunchy nuts, more strawberries, or even mandarin oranges, and YUM! Oh, and you could also experiment with different types of preserves!
- 1 cup sugar-free strawberry preserves (or you could also use strawberry puree)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
- In a bowl, whisk together the strawberry, vinegar, mustard, and pepper until well-combined.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil and water. Use immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: Mr Food
This simple yet awesome dressing not only tastes great with greens, it is also similarly delicious when paired with meat or when drizzled on steamed and blanched vegetables!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Place all ingredients into a clean container with a tight lid,
- Shake till all ingredients are well-combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: Mark’s Daily Apple
Quick Creamy Salad Dressing
Creamy dressings gives your salad that extra oomph if you’re looking for something filling, yet healthy. Don’t hesitate to add in shredded grilled chicken or even bacon bits because creamy dressings goes well with meat too!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 ½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and water
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or keep in fridge in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Hungry Cravings