DIY Coffee Scrub For Beautiful Skin
If you love your coffee, this will appeal to you no doubt!
The combination of coffee beans and caffeine have the power to ease a number of skin issues. Apparently, a good coffee scrub for the body can help with improving the skin tone especially in areas riddled with cellulite.
Well, coffee contains natural caffeine which has a diuretic effect so it dilates blood vessels to increase speed and volume of blood flow at any one time. In theory, this helps to remove excess water from our tissue leading to an improved skin appearance.
Nevertheless, caffeine can work wonders by tightening up cells and blood vessels, treating redness and inflammation, revitalising cells and more. By incorporating caffeine into your skincare routine, it can reveal an evenly toned and smooth skin all over your body.
A coffee scrub is described as a gentle exfoliator and it is one of the easiest ones to make. Here’s how:
- 3 tablespoon coffee grounds (used) – dry them out or use freshly brewed
- 1 tablespoon natural oil – olive oil, grapeseed, coconut, almond, etc.
- 1 tablespoon sugar – white/brown or a mixture of both
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil based on your preference for the consistency you like.
3. Massage vigorously for a few minutes then shower.
4. Store leftover in a tightly lid container.
For more scrub recipes, check it out here.