It’s never too early to start on brain health. Crossword puzzles, Scrabble, Boggle, Soduku, etc all help with keeping your brain active, but if you can get nutrition for your whole body, including your brain, what’s the harm in that?
When you eat for brain heath, research shows that you can think more clearly and efficiently, making you able to make better clearer decisions daily.
The following smoothies are packed with nutrients that can help boost blood flow, stabilise blood sugar and neutralise free-radical damage to your system. All very important factors for optimal brain health.
Here are Top 10 Brain-Boosting Smoothies :
1. Try this Berry Alert Smoothie from Tana Amen’s book, “Change your brain, change your body” is a great way to start the day.
2. The Blueberry Brain Boost Smoothie from Oprah.com is not only full of good-for-you ingredients but the great thing is, it’s delish!
4. Dr. Oz’s Brain-Boosting Smoothie is a great power breakfast smoothie which helps keep your memory sharp, moods elevated and energy high.
5. This Banana Coconut Smoothie helps fuel your brain during periods of low blood sugar and can help with memory loss.
6. Since we live in a beautiful tropical country, why not make the best of it? This Tropical Smoothie helps with improving memory and boosting energy levels.
7. This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie with chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids which are crucial for transmitting signals between brain cells. With the added use of blueberries and raspberries, they also help with encouraging healthy connections between cells of the brain.
8. And if you need a boost in dopamine, this Dopamine Delight Smoothie is the answer. Dopamine acts as a neurotransmitter involved in motivation, emotion and pleasure. With the added serving of protein here in protein powder and soy milk, as well as chia seeds, it helps maintain blood sugar levels.
9. Blueberry Avocado Smoothie aka Brain Power Smoothie is an awesome way to get that antioxidant boost with the use of pomegranate juice and blueberries.
10.Super Healing Super Fat Smoothie – say what? This one doesn’t make you fat but in fact, has healthy fats like coconut oil, chia seeds avocado and even the option of you using a raw egg, you can encourage your body to heal internally. It also gives you a “template” on you to build on to make your own smoothies.
It’s never too early to start taking care of ourselves, and taking care of our brain health really helps by preventing other health issues later on in life. These are literally great for “food for thought”.
If you like drinking your way to good health and improving your lifestyle, we’ve got more suggestions here for more great smoothie ideas.
Happy blending & we wish you good brain health!