Your alarm goes off, and you barely have enough time or energy to roll out of bed, wash up and slip yourself into a decent outfit, let alone prepare a nutritious (and tasty!) breakfast.
Does this sound familiar? Well, if you’re like us and sometimes have trouble rousing from bed in the morning, this recipe has your busy morning’s back. Make it the night before, and you’re sorted! You’ve got breakfast for the week.
1 cup almond butter
3 ounces vanilla plant-based protein powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 9-by-11-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to mix almond butter, protein powder, and maple syrup. Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in rolled oats, coconut, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Firmly press stiff dough into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
- Cool pan on a rack, cut into 18 squares, and store leftovers in an airtight container.
Source: Pop Sugar