Whilst the food is an important part of the feasting when it comes to Christmas, the drinks are also equally important because if the drinks aren’t good, you’ll find it’ll be difficult to get your party going!
To ensure that you’ve got enough liquid arsenal up your sleeve and so your party won’t fall flat, check out these Christmas Day Drinks Recipes:
1. Cranberry Punch
- 32 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups ginger ale or ginger beer
Mix all together & voila! A drink fit for the designated drivers and it’s even children friendly.
2. White Cranberry Mimosa
- White Cranberry Juice
- Sparkling Elderflower Soda (optional)
- Frozen Cranberries
3. Angel’s Kiss
- 400ml Tia Maria, chilled
- 16 tbsp (approx 250ml) double cream
- cocoa, for dusting
Pour the Tia Maria into small cocktail or liqueur glasses. Carefully pour the cream into the glasses over the back of a teaspoon so it floats on the surface of the Tia Maria and makes a separate layer. Dust the cream with cocoa by shaking it through a tea strainer, and serve.
4. Amaretto Fizz
- 400ml Disaronno
- 600ml orange juice
- 2 x 75cl bottles sparkling wine
- strips orange zest
Mix Disaronno, orange juice and sparkling wine in a jug. Add a strip orange zest to each glass, if you like.
5. Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 peppermint candies crushed (approximately 4 teaspoons)
- 5 ounces of good quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Combine milk, cream, and candies in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until candies are dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add chocolate and whisk until it is completely melted and well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.