Samsung fans will be delighted to know that the brand has unveiled its latest Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge smartphones.
For those of you who are ardent fans and have been waiting for the official availability of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, you won’t have to wait much longer. The smartphones will be launching very soon in Malaysia!
Samsung recently announced that the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are Samsung’s most advanced smartphones to date and they have literally taken the new phones to another level. For Galaxy users, you’ll find that it’s taken a departure away from the previous Galaxy devices and the new features are rather cool.
The new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will feature a slim body made from an aircraft-grade metal. It is powered by the most advanced hardware around and the phone will also have its signature curved edges. The new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will be launched on the 2nd of April 2015.
What makes these smartphones so special? For one thing, its casing is made from a special light-weight material specifically used in airplanes. It’s definitely another class on its own and the fact that it isn’t plastic, that’s an added bonus! It will also have the iconic Corning Inc’s Gorilla Glass on both the front and back of the smartphones.
When it comes to the camera and screen upgrade, the brand did not disappoint as Samsung has spruced up their new smartphones. No longer will it house unpopular in-house apps that irritated many users no end because it swallowed up a lot of memory space. Now, that’s in the past. Samsung listened to their users and have churned out a real beauty. The new phones will be powered by Samsung’s own 64-bit, 14-nanometer Exynos processors, a departure from its previous reliance on Qualcomm Inc’s chips.
Another major noticeable change are the batteries. Users would need to know that the batteries in the new phones cannot be replaced, unlike the other Galaxy devices in the past. To compensate for this factor, the devices are the first from Samsung to support wireless charging without a dedicated accessory, which in itself is very cool! What’s more, the smartphones can also get four hours of power with a 10-minute charge by cord.
For those who need more tech talk, the specs are as follows:
Samsung Galaxy S6
- Dimension: 143.4mm x 70.5mm x 6.8mm
- Weight 138g
- Colours: white pearl, black sapphire, gold platinum, blue topaz
- Storage options: 32/64/128GB
- Display: 5.1-inch Quad HD display. 2560×1440 pixel resolution at 577 ppi. Super AMOLED.
- Operating system Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Rear camera: 16-megapixel
- Front camera: five-megapixel
- Processor: Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5Ghz, octacore application processor
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer, fingerprint, hall, HRM
- Connectivity: wi-fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), HT80 MIMO(2×2) 620Mbps, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, mobile hotspot, Bluetooth: v4.1, USB 2.0, NFC
- Battery: 2,550mAh, with fast wired charging, providing four hours of usage after only 10 minutes of charging
- Wireless Charging:WPC1.1(4.6W Output) & PMA 1.0(4.2W) compatible
- Additional Features: Samsung Pay, Microsoft Apps (OneDrive 115GB for two years, OneNote), Google Mobile Services.
So, are you looking for a new phone? With these new features, the new Galaxy S9 and S6 Edge will have people hankering for it in droves because really, who wouldn’t want an awesome phone like this?! We’re definitely looking out for it!