Juicing has never got this much good press, especially recently. It’s the new best thing for us and it’s not all about it being a fad because juicing does wonders for you, in particular, your skin.
If you haven’t got into juicing, perhaps it’s about time that you did. Juicing cleanses our outsides better and faster than anything we could get at our local, neighborhood store. Juicing is also easy on our digestive systems and gets into our systems quickly. Hence why it’s become so popular recently.
Juicing has many great properties and one of them is that it’s fantastic for healthy looking, glowing skin. Freshly squeezed fruits and vegetable juice is full of nutrients and it’s been said to aid in fighting off cancer as well as fighting other skin diseases and illnesses.
The best thing, besides beautiful radiant skin, is that juicing is great for the liver. The liver is in charge of getting rid of toxins in your body. With juicing, it helps to push the nutrients from the juice into your system quicker and thus, into your liver faster. The result of that is beautiful, glowing skin!
Skin care can be a little tricky for some of us. There are some of us who suffer from various skin woes such as adult acne, eczema, skin allergies and aging is also a cause of skin losing its luster. Another reason why skin becomes dull and saggy is because of the decreasing collagen in the skin as we age.
Some of the best ways to boost collagen production is by making this “Glowing Skin” juice with the following ingredients:
- The red cabbage, as well as oranges and limes, are very high in vitamin C, which helps boost collagen and powerful antioxidants. That helps to protect cells from free radical damage.
- Beetroot contains zinc and copper, which are vital for healthy skin. It also helps cleanse and restore the liver, which is considered a primary detoxifying organ. Skin and liver health are closely connected and if your liver is healthy, your skin will be healthier and eventually develop that healthy glow!
- Ginger reduces inflammation and will help if you have any redness or puffiness on your face. It also contains antioxidant properties, which help protect your cells from inflammation.
- Cucumbers are very hydrating and are, therefore, excellent for your skin. When it comes to keeping your skin soft and supple, keeping one’s skin hydrated is key to achieving glowing skin. There are three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers and they provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits, all of which contribute to us getting glowing skin.
- Carrots are the best for providing the essential Vitamin A, otherwise known as beta-carotene for our skin. Besides being full of Vitamin A, it’s full of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients. Add them to your juices to benefit its full beneficial properties for your skin.
Making your own juice is a great daily habit to adopt and if it’s healthy glowing skin you’re after, try this recipe below. Alternatively, if you’ve no time to do your own juicing, don’t worry. Have them delivered to you – there’re great selections from this juice deliveries here.
Glowing Skin Juice
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large orange
- 1/2 lime
- 2 inches of ginger
1. Wash and prep the ingredients. Use organic if possible.
2. Run all the ingredients, except the citrus fruits, through the juicer. Squeeze the orange and lime using a citrus juicer or with your hands.
3. Combine the juice contents from the juicer and the squeezed citrus juice in a glass and enjoy.