As Paulo Coelho famously said, “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” Are you itching to jump on a plane while you read this? No worries, we understand. Here are 7 things only last-minute spontaneous travelers like you will understand:
1. You’re always good to go Whatever the time of day, wherever you are, you can pack up a small bag in mere minutes and have your travel gear ready to go. Your schedule always has room for flexibility and carefree ‘last-minute’ changes. That’s just the way you roll. Your friends think you have commitment issues but it’s all about experiences folks.
2. You’re a ninja packer You have minimalist packing down pat. If your less efficient friends get stressed at the idea of packing you are enlisted, making it look like fine art. Your pals look on in awe as you ninja pack an hour before you leave without any sweat. Sarong, shorts, gadgets, done. Now, where’s that passport? Get me out of here…
3. You have too many travel apps You have all the travel apps a person can possibly have without creating your own. WhatsApp is your buddy. You are constantly wired to travel blogs, magazines, checking booking engines and social feeds. Any hot travel deals and you’re on it. I mean, ON it. $20 flights to Bali, you got it. Hot hotel deals on the HotelQuickly app are your first priority; I mean you have to get decent digs, right?
4. You think routine is lethal Waking up in the same country every day is far from ideal! The spontaneous traveler wants to wake up in Hong Kong and be in Seoul by lunch. Perfect. Just because they decided to go on an adventure. A life well-traveled is one well-lived. Your idea of sheer hell is being in the same place for the rest of your life. You have friends from school like this, YAWN.
5. You’re an Instagram junkie You get inspiration for your travels from various Instagrammers. You are an adept Instagrammer yourself and have a tribe of followers due to your casual journeys around the globe. Who doesn’t want to see the stunning Borobudur temple at sunrise?
6. Do you grimace when you hear people talking about planned travel Holiday package anyone? NOOO! This is your worst nightmare. Staying in the same place and eating at the same restaurant for two weeks? Ugh. Actually planning a holiday and looking forward to it? You get your excitement from living life on the edge. Others with kids might disagree, but you think it’s pretty awesome just getting a flight and seeing what happens. After all, that’s when the travel magic really begins.
7. You’re booking a spontaneous weekend trip as you’re reading this
Yes. You. Are. Stop slacking. We know you are checking cheap flights and HotelQuickly as we speak. We’ve got to admit, your weekend will probably be pretty awesome. I wish we were coming too…