When it comes to clothes shopping, few things give women more anxiety than finding a swimsuit. The perfect swimsuit is the right balance of functional yet flattering for our body shape and finding it is like winning a mini lottery.
Our editorial team has waded through scores of online stores, so that you don’t have to. We excluded bikinis from this list and focused on monokinis so that all swimwear address the dreaded tummy bulge. Here are our list of swimwear for common body types:
If you are blessed with voluptuous booty, high-cut swimwear can often be a bit too revealing and a tad uncomfortable. You should opt for swimwear with solid color bottoms and ample fabric so that it sits comfortably without riding up.
Small or Flat Bottoms
Opting for high cut swimwear can create an illusion of a fuller bum. Also swimwear with prints will draw attention to more flattering areas of your body.
A swimsuit with a ruching affect can easily hide a tummy. Pieces with a plunging neckline can also keep the focus upwards, rather than on your mid-section.
Peplums are not only great for the office but they also create an illusion of curves for your beachwear.
While this isn’t a monokini, it has a high-waisted bottom that works wonders to cover the bulge since it extends above the belly button.
As Paulo Coelho famously said, “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” Are you itching to jump on a plane while you read this? No worries, we understand. Here are 7 things only last-minute spontaneous travelers like you will understand:
1. You’re always good to go Whatever the time of day, wherever you are, you can pack up a small bag in mere minutes and have your travel gear ready to go. Your schedule always has room for flexibility and carefree ‘last minute’ changes. That’s just the way you roll. Your friends think you have commitment issues but it’s all about experiences folks.
2. You’re a ninja packer You have minimalist packing down pat. If your less efficient friends get stressed at the idea of packing you are enlisted, making it look like a fine art. Your pals look on in awe as you ninja pack an hour before you leave without any sweat. Sarong, shorts, gadgets, done. Now where’s that passport? Get me out of here…
3. You have too many travel apps You have all the travel apps a person can possibly have without creating your own. WhatsApp is your buddy. You are constantly wired to travel blogs, magazines, checking booking engines and social feeds. Any hot travel deals and you’re on it. I mean, ON it. $20 flights to Bali, you got it. Hot hotel deals on the HotelQuickly app are your first priority; I mean you have to get decent digs, right?
4. You think routine is lethal Waking up in the same country every day is far from ideal! The spontaneous traveler wants to wake up in Hong Kong and be in Seoul by lunch. Perfect. Just because they decided to go on an adventure. A life well-travelled is one well-lived. Your idea of sheer hell is being in the same place for the rest of your life. You have friends from school like this, YAWN.
5. You’re an Instagram junkie You get inspiration for your travels from various Instagrammers. You are an adept Instagrammer yourself and have a tribe of followers due to your casual journeys around the globe. Who doesn’t want to see the stunning Borobudur temple at sunrise?
6. You grimace when you hear people talking about planned travel Holiday package anyone? NOOO! This is your worst nightmare. Staying in the same place and eating at the same restaurant for two weeks? Ugh. Actually planning a holiday and looking forward to it? You get your excitement from living life on the edge. Others with kids might disagree, but you think it’s pretty awesome just getting a flight and seeing what happens. After all, that’s when the travel magic really begins.
7. You’re booking a spontaneous weekend trip as you’re reading this
Yes. You. Are. Stop slacking. We know you are checking cheap flights and HotelQuickly as we speak. We’ve got to admit, your weekend will probably be pretty awesome. Wish we were coming too…
This article was brought to you by Hotel Quickly who has just opened offers at 400 hotels in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. The app is being translated into Japanese, which will become HotelQuickly’s 10th supported language.
Ever fell in love with a dress but it is a little too expensive? Get notified when your favourite items goes on sale with Off The Rack’s Sale Alert!
Off The Rack has just launched a Sale Alert tool that enables users to save items in their free alerts list and get an email when they go on sale. Guest writer Nicole Cheah, who blogs on fashion and style takes this feature for a test drive.
Off The Rack is an online platform that is also an online community for you to share your OOTDs with, using the hashtag #otrOOTD on Instagram. Follow your favourite fashionistas to not only see their latest outfits but also the items they are into currently. Follow brands to keep up to date with the latest products. Honestly, its really easy to use and easier to keep up with whats trending in the fashion scene.
There are so many different brands for you to follow and the search filter is crazy amazing. It really narrows down to exactly what you want. Off The Rack caters to Malaysia, Singapore and UK. From Nike to Zalora to Asos, Off The Rack literally combines multiple brands all onto one website for your convenience. You also get to see what your favourite fashionistas are wearing bought through Off The Rack.
The latest sale alert has got to be my favourite feature on the website so far. It’s the latest feature on their website and I LOVE IT. Seriously, every time an item goes on sale, they send you an e-mail to inform you and bam! you get to buy the product you want for a lower price! Just sign up on Off The Rack and you’ll be able to create your own sale alert list.
This is my current sale alert list. Go create yours now on Off The Rack and happy shopping! Till here, I hope you’re all well! Nx
Too lazy to go home and change into something fancy for a dinner after a long tiring day of shopping? Don’t fret, we’ve got that covered for you!A good rule for day to night wear are outfits that strike a balance between casual and formal. Here are our 6 picks on how you can get one dress and switch up from day to night in an instance.
1. Bright Coloured Skater Dress
With a bright coloured skater dress, you can easily go from day: wearing a pair of cool sneakers and a crossbody bag to night: wearing a pair of heels and changing your bag to a clutch, and there you have it! Simple and stands out!
2. Black Bodycon Dress
This one is really simple. Go edgy during day: wearing a pair of Converse or Vans with a backpack and switch it up to night: wearing heeled sandals with a clutch. Most effortless one of all.
3. Textured Shift Dress
We admit, shift dresses aren’t the easiest style to pull off as it doesn’t fall on your curves but it sure is one of the easier ways to transition from day: wearing platform boots and hologram sunglasses to night: high heels, curled hair and a fancy sling clutch!
4. Floral Dress
Wearing a floral dress can be a little bit tricky for the day to night transition but it sure works as well. Wear this during the day: with natural hair and cute flats and then switch up during the night: styled hair with curls and high heels.
5. A-Line Dress
This is best pulled off when the dress is black. Simple way to do it during the day: wear chunky platforms with a cool sling bag and then during the night: wear some pumps and add a really bold lipstick colour.
6. Boho Style Dress
While this style may favour only some, it is definitely one to experiment with. During the day: dress it however you want, boho always looks good during daytime! During the night: switch it up for a good pair of wedged heels and a dazzling waist belt.
Try out all these different styles to see which suits you better and how you can easily change a dress from day to night.
We scoured Instagram and found some easy and fun fashion hacks for you to try!
1. Bling up your sneakers with gold studs and some glue
2. Stretch out tight shoes by wearing them and heating up with a hairdryer. Make sure you wear thick socks to protect your feet.
3. Wear your white shirt the other way round with a knot for that sexy back look!
4. Add some lace to your t shirt and cut off the sleeves for an easy new outfit.
5. Add some glam to your plain black heels with gold embroidery lace.
6. Ripped your jeans? Don’t throw them out yet. Hot glue some design lace over the ripped areas to give it a new look.
Pioneers of colorful jelly shoes melissa has finally launched an online store in Malaysia.
The website was launched on 1 April 2016 (yes this is not an April’s Fools joke) and will be offering free shipping in Malaysia with no minimum purchase.
New arrivals at the MDreams online shop are currently on sales with discounts up to 60% on some designs. We double checked this with local online shop Zalora.com.my and confirm that the new arrivals for Melissa shoes were sold at full price there.
We’re not sure how long this promotion will last so do buy a pair before it disappears.
In conjunction with the launch of the e-store, from the April 1st to June 30th 2016, Melissa will be running the ‘Wanna be Carioca’ contest. Open to all Malaysians, the grand prize winner will win a 3 days and 2 nights stay for two person at the 5-star Angsana Velavaru Resort in Maldives worth RM 10,000. Nine consolation prize winners will receive a pair of Melissa shoes work RM350 each.
To shop the Melissa shoes collection and enter the contest, visit www.mdreams.com.my.
You may or may not like the colour pink but every girl needs at least one pink item in their closet/make up stash. Why, you ask? Pink adds that extra touch of bright colour or even femininity to your simple every day outfit! Here are out top 5 picks for must have pink items!
1. Hot Pink Bodycon Dress
Whether its for an event or a night out with the girls, a hot pink bodycon dress will help you stand out. Be bold and don’t be afraid to put one on!
2. Bold Pink Statement Necklace
Maybe you’re not a fan of the colour pink and don’t want to incorporate too much of it into your outfit. A bold pink statement necklace is the right pink item for you. Just put on over a white or black outfit and bam! Your outfit is instantly more striking!
3. Pink Statement Shoes
May it be heels or flats, having a pair of pink statement shoes will help you stand out from the rest out of the crowd.
4. Hot Pink Purse/Clutch
Pink purses or clutches can make a huge difference in your outfit especially if its for a dinner out with friends or even a formal event. Simple and bright, its the small touch of colour that makes a big difference.
Howstore, Korea Design Handphone Wallet Phone Pouch in Pink – RM59
5. Pink Lip Tint
Okay we get it, maybe all you want is a tiny hint of pink. Get yourself a good bright pink lip tint (or even lipstick if you’re bold enough!) to brighten up your face.
TonyMoly, Lip Tone Get It Tint in Pink -RM 59
Get up and start getting your pink-ssentials to brighten or add femininity to your outfits!
Most of us really dread working out. After a long tiring day of classes or work, all we want to do is come home and not do anything anymore. One way to get yourself up and going to the gym or even just out for a jog around your neighborhood would be wearing sportswear that will make you look and feel good. What makes a good sportswear is how comfortably it fits to ensure it does not get in the way of your workout. Here are our 10 favourite trendy sportswear that could possibly motivate you to exercise!
- ZALORA SPORT, Sport Lattice Back Top – RM59
A simple design can go a long way in making your attire stylish.
- YoFit, Style Mesh Sports Bra – RM85
Even with a top over it, you’ll still feel pumped!
- Under Armour, HeatGear® Armour Printed Shorty – RM139
Comfortable and stylish, who wouldn’t love it?
- Adidas, Techfit Triax-Print Long Tights – RM199
The texture design adds a very interesting twist which will help you strike out.
- New Look, Must Go To The Gym Sports Tank Top – RM59
We seriously love this top. What better motivation?
- Drop of Mindfulness, Stella-Maris Top – RM219
A small touch of colour will help brighten up your mood for the gym.
- Under Amour, HeatGear® Alpha Stripe Capri – RM159
The brighter the better!
- Under Armour, UA Tech™ Space Dye 1/4 Zip – RM179
Cover up with something bright to keep yourself feeling energetic
- ZALORA SPORT, Sport Burnout Batwing Top – RM45
A simple top to wear over after a good workout.
- Impression, Sports Bra For High Impact Sports – RM100
Wearing a bright sports bra underneath will help boost your confidence.
Whether its yoga or running, wearing sportswear that makes you feel most comfortable and confident is the key to pushing yourself to the gym. We hope our picks would give you the first step of motivation to hit the gym. Happy working out!
- ZALORA SPORT, Sport Lattice Back Top – RM59
Get ready to Laugh Out LOUD with the Kuala Lumpur Comedy Festival 2015! From the 16th to 23rd September 2015, 8 days of tummy aching, tear jerking comedy in 4 different venues.
This epic comedy saga is the brainchild of the ‘Godfather of Malaysian Comedy’ Harith Iskander. The Festival brings together 60 of the world’s best comics from 14 different countries.
There will be comedy from sketch, satire, musical and improve to slightly less traditional acts such as a comedy magician and hypnotist comedian. And they will also have OPEN MIC Competitions and comedy workshop for kids. There are Comedy Acts in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagolog and Cantonese.
“This is a first, a huge first and we’ve worked hard to do it right. Everyone’s heard of the Edinburgh Comedy Festival, Melbourne International Comedy Festival and Montreal’s ‘Just For Laughs’, three of the biggest, most prestigious comedy festivals. Hopefully KLICFest will be a step towards getting Kuala Lumpur in that elite group of cities. Edinburgh, Melbourne, Montreal, KL” – Harith Iskander
The Festival is part of the DiverseCity 2015’s Kuala Lumpur International Arts Festival – an initiative aimed at showcasing the diverse talents and cultures from around the region.
20th September 2015, will see a mammoth performance by the festival’s top comedian come together for a night full of belly twisting comical hilarity at Harith Iskander’s ‘To Know Malaysia is LAUGH Malaysia’ Gala Night at The Manhattan Ballroom, Berjaya Hotel.
Tickets range from RM15 to RM70 which covers each show per-night. There will also be limited special daily pass at RM98 per person or RM300 for 4 passes that are available to be purchase at the Black Box @ Maps KL from 16th September 2015. *Fans can purchase a daily pass in advance for upcoming shows
Kids Comedy Workshop
On 19th & 20th September 2015, KLCFest will have a very special Comedy Workshop For Kids. The workshop will be facilitated by Ros Boyer – who is the owner and principal of Joondalup Entertainers Theater School (JETS) in Australia.
There are two groups one for 6-8 year olds and another for 9-12 year olds. Entrance fee is RM35
Find out more here
We were invited to a preview of the comedic event and it was nothing short hilarious. Sharing with the talents of Alan Bate (U.S), Hung Le (Australia), Jarred Fell (New Zealand), Tamer Kattan(U.S), and Jonathan Atherton (Australia).
Alan Bates demonstrated his amazing one of kind comedic powers of hypnotism. With the help of a few volunteers, he put the crowd in a daze of laughter with several skits of funny actions.
Hung Le, a Vietnamese Australian comedian made us laughed hard with his set. Hilarious jokes with cultural references will surely have you tummy hurting with laughter.
The Comedy Magician Jarred Fell, charmed the crowd with his engaging act. Getting the crowd to participate in his set, with hilarious consequences, and not forgetting cool magic
Tamer Kattan, an Egyptian-American comedian, will have you laughing out loud with hilarious observational comedy as he shares with the crowd his unique and humorous view of the world.
Harith Iskander was of course full of humorous stories and funny jokes.
These are just a few of the amazing line-up that the festival has in stored for Comedy Fans. The Festival truly is a great opportunity to be entertained by some of the world’s most hilarious Comedian. Don’t Miss IT!
Find out More @
Get your Tickets @